Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Holden

If I had to describe him I think the easiest way is to say he is the perfect combination of his daddy & his uncle Blake. He is sweet and sincere. He is inquisitive and insightful. He asks questions and he gives the funniest answers. He is by far the best big brother I have ever seen. He looks after Kam and protects every move she makes- he has since day 1! He was 3 when she was born & I remember going into the bedroom and there he stood holding her in his arms when she was only a few days old- she was crying and he had to rescue her. Now, he still tries to rescue her and she is not always so appreciative. That's okay though, someday she will be. Holden Cain Lamar Miller, our first baby was born on October 1, 2003 in Corpus Christi. He weighed 6 lbs. 4 oz. and was 18 in. I was induced (original due date was 10/7/03). My labor only lasted 7 hours and he was born shortly after 4 pm. He was so tiny and he was the best baby we could of ever asked for.I nursed him and he blew up like a sumo wrestler! Today he is a big boy. It won't be long and his feet will be as big as mine. He is about to start kindergarten in the fall and he is so ready for it. He has one of those crazy birthdays and the cut off date for kindergarten is Sept. 30th here in Virginia. He missed that deadline in 2008 by just a day so he had to wait until this year to start. I really think that is a good thing though. I am nervous about my baby being at school with "big kids" but, he is a big kid! (I just don't always see it that way yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment