Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ummm...so I thought I would be way better at this :-)


Holden & Kamdyn in front of the tree

Well, what can I say...lets try this again? Ha! I am chatty by nature, so I assumed I could keep up with this whole cute little blog bit. Wrong. I actually forgot about it. So here I go again...

Update...So much has happened since July. The biggest change was that Paul left October 11 for his umpteenth deployment (actually I think it is his 4th major deployment and like 8th total including all the little ones here and there since 04') He is again in the middle east . Hopefully to return late May or early June of next year. So far ...so good. As good as being a single mom in a far off land can be! Haha! Okay so Virginia is not so much a far off land as it is a lonely one. Luckily, I have a couple of great friends to keep us company.

Photo taken a week prior to d-day


Holden started kindergarten in September. His teacher, Mr. Outlaw is great. He is learning so much so fast. Already reading! It can be overwhelming when he gets home and has so much homework...but, I know how important it is because, lets face it...1st grade is not what it use to be! My first born turned 6 on October 1st...I can still see he sweet little toothless baby grin in my mind.
Holden also began guitar lessons recently. He plays electric guitar, Ibanez and he is lovin' it so far! It amazes me how much he looks like his daddy when he plays. I love it!

Holden on his first day of school with his biggest admirer



Kamdyn- is potty trained! Woohoo! I can not believe she will be 3 on December 29th...it amazes me and is bittersweet. She is such a curious little kid. Gets into anything and everything but, the wheels are always spinning...hmmm..."how can i get antibiotic ointment out of moms new boots...lets try baby powder!" She is very into Barbie's right now. It is funny how, kids automatically know what they like even without being "directed" to it.





The kids & I got to go back home for Thanksgiving (Rockport,Texas...near Corpus...anywhere in Texas is home these days). We were so blessed to go because, we will be staying here in good old VA. for Christmas this year. My sister, brother in law, niece, nephew, bro in law and the whole gang were there. I even got to see my long lost cousin Billy. Such a blessing!

Big Sister is happy...Kayla, Me & Blake


No comments:

Post a Comment